SCHEDULE CHANGE: Severe weather threat leads to Cincinnati schedule change for B-29 Doc

Due to the threat of severe weather in the Cincinnati, OH area on Sunday, May 26, and overnight into Monday, May 27, B-29 Doc will relocate to Dayton, OH for shelter.

The weather threat will have the following impacts on the B-29 Doc History Restored Tour in Cincinnati on Sunday and Monday:

  • Sunday, May 26
    • All ride flight operations scheduled for Sunday, May 26 will be suspended until Monday. The flights scheduled for Sunday at 9 and 11 a.m. have been moved to 2 p.m. and 4 p.m., respectively, on Monday, May 27.
    • Ground and cockpit tours will not be available on Sunday, since the aircraft will be relocated to Dayton.
  • Monday, May 27
    • The B-29 Doc ride flights originally scheduled for Monday at 9 and 11 a.m. will be delayed until 10 a.m. and 12 p.m., respectively.
    • Cockpit tours for B-29 Doc will not be available on Monday, but the public can enter the ramp area to watch flight operations from behind a barrier rope.

“The safety of our passengers and crew is our top priority,” said Josh Wells, B-29 Doc executive director. “While it’s disappointing when we have to make changes to our schedule or cancel flights or cockpit tour access, we do not waiver on our commitment to safety. When our tour season runs concurrently with the peak of severe weather season for much of the U.S., the probability is high that we will be impacted by weather. We are grateful for the ability to find shelter to protect Doc from the weather hazards, and more importantly, for the window of opportunity for our crew to safely transition from Cincinnati to Dayton.”

The public will not have access to B-29 Doc while it is sheltered in Dayton, OH. As weather permits, B-29 Doc will return to Cincinnati’s Lunken Airport on Monday, May 27. Updates will be provided on the B-29 Doc social media channels at and